This is policy is effective of as of May 19, 2019.
When you visit our web site, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our web site.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us on our Web site and when you register for and use our services. Examples include the following:
Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
Contact Information. We collect the email addresses you provide for contacts you enter or upload into your private contacts page. You can send emails to those addresses while using the product. We will not communicate with those contacts otherwise.
Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid VIPE account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
- VIPE will only use access to read, write, modify or control Gmail (or other email service) message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- VIPE will not use this Gmail (or other email service) data for serving advertisements.
- VIPE will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for VIPE's internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
Files. We collect and store the files you upload, import, download, or access with the VIPE Service (“Files”). If you add a file to VIPE that has been previously uploaded by you or another user, we may associate all or a portion of the previous file with your account rather than storing a duplicate.
Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Service and communications. For example, it is standard for your web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, geo-location, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Our Use of Your Information
We use the information we gather on our web site, whether personal, demographic or technical, for the purpose of operating and improving our web site, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer. We may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies.
For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Service and our publications, products and services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from VIPE or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Service; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our Service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our Service development; and to inform you of updates to services from VIPE that better meet your needs;
- to store contacts you enter or upload into your contacts list for your private use and viewing;
- to send emails to users you invite (and contacts you invite to become users) to collaborate and access your files;
- to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
If you are an individual VIPE registered user, and the domain of the primary email address associated with your VIPE account is owned by your employer and that email address was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and that organization wishes to establishes a VIPE corporate account and add you to it, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
VIPE includes collaboration features that by their nature support sharing with users you choose. Those users can see your name, email address, photo and information from your profile page, and any files you choose to share; and they can comment and email you. People you share information or files with may share those documents outside of VIPE, and give other users rights to view your shared files.
Security of the Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Compromise of Personal Information
Changes to Privacy Statement
It is the policy of VIPE to provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to our customers or web site users, via E-mail notice, written or hard copy notice, or through conspicuous posting of such notice on our web site page, www.vipecloud.com, as determined by VIPE in its sole discretion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, VIPE reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to our customers or web site users. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from VIPE by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.